9/01/2016

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

It's been over a year since my last Fan Art Post ( 76 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 ) and I have a folder filling up with photos people have sent so there will be plenty more soon. Here are a bunch of recent projects that brought a smile to my face. Each image may be clicked to see more examples of my work that these pieces were in some way inspired by. Thanks guys. You rock! *Pictured above: Elementary public school art class research assignment. Check out those hand-inked letters up top. Fresh!

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Wow. Super hand-painted skateboards by a group of Junior HS students. Teacher Nina Lawgun.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Better than The Original!

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Thinking about it. Making improvements. Crayola gradient.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

These Gals Worked Hard On This One. Cleverly blending This Color Palette and This Formation.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Plenty more of these Diamond Murals by folks around the world. Always a pleasure to know my work is in some way a reference point. Lots more of these in previous Fan Art Posts.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

And wow just look at this a couple of guys did in Argentina! Kinda Looks Like This One :)

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Now this is just next level. A woman in Moscow printed out one of my Vectorfunk Iso-Geo Graphics and then cut colored wood veneers to build it. I wish I thought of that!

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Nice college level tribute 57 cent Canada stamps by Sophie Halbert.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Hand-drawn, cut, and collaged black & whites inspired by the 2011 Core Deco Tiles. Nice!

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

These large format paper-cuts were made by Greg Kiah's elementary school classes working as collaborative groups. Bravo kids. Great work!

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Some more from here and there. 1. A math & art class exercise by a group of 4th graders in Texas. 2. Hand-painted version of one of my Matthew Scissorhands Series. 3. Embroidered jewelry playing off of ideas from my Rorschach Series. 4. Nail game strong! #nails #graphics 5. This one is only included because it is a student project (not a real brand) and they did a nice job with the cut-n-sew. This guy verbatim yanked one of my Pattern Designs from the web and got it produced for his college runway show. I wish he had reached out first rather than hash-tagged me after. I would have suggested he find a way to have it be his design, not mine. But he did do a nice job and I hope he finds his way in the fashion world.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

Beautiful hand-drawn colorful remix of my Infinity Knot Theory poster from a few years back.

Recent Fan Art : Part 8.

And one more student report project. I try me best to answer all questions students email to me for these research projects. I remember how much it meant to me growing up when I sent mail to my favorite athletes and artists and received a response or autograph. Sometimes I can't get to every mail and I suggest teachers pass the link to my Press (interviews) and Bio (infos) page to get many of the basic questions answered and then email one or two specific inquiries.  Whenever possible I enjoy doing public school murals and computer assisted graphics workshops. I will always remember my first tour thru MacPaint in the 80's. It's great to be at the point in my life and career where I can pass knowledge and inspiration on to the next generation. View past posts 7 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 ). Stay awesome!