3/26/2014

22.04 : Wired Magazine.

22.04 : Wired Magazine.

Another fun one for the current issue of Wired Magazine #22.04. This time for their 'Splash Page' a place in every issue where a different designer creates an abstraction of the issue number. The last time I designed a Splash was for Wired #17.08. 5 years ago. Again, for this one, you can see the result is very cryptic. Believe it or not, I was actually asked to make the earlier versions less legible and more camouflaged, a welcomed challenge for me. Typically I am being directed by clients to make abstract typography easier to decipher. It's always a good time working with Wired! ( 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 ). Playing off the diagram-esk renders I have been exploring lately ( 1 + 2 + 3 )  I made the framework of the background interact with the numberforms in the foreground. Alluding to the idea that this is a snapshot of an architectural exploration, or a mathematical equation, in the process of being constructed and resolved.