1/12/2014

Shadow Boxing.

Shadow Boxing.

Wrapping up this series of meticulously cut paper mosaics for an upcoming show. View some of the others Here and Here. For this one I decided to go all out and create a pyramid style mosaic of my logo with each step towards the center getting another tier added. With over 100 right angled triangles this piece really pushed the boundaries of hand-cut craft and precision. I am looking forward to translating these dimensional ideas into my public artworks and environment installations this year. If it can be made with paper it can definitely be made with steel and concrete.

Shadow Boxing.

Here's an impromptu bonus effect. A graphite relief print. Not my original intention for this series, but an interesting idea I intend to revisit. It's a funny flip-flop in my mind when I look at both side-by-side. Which one is the final product? All along as I have been 'building' these 'non-drawings' I have considered the paper mosaic to be the end result. But now they kinda feel like the master copy that is capable of producing a run of prints. Interesting twist. I am curious as to which one people enjoy more.