1/06/2009

New Year's Resolution. 3D Rendering.

Ever since my sophmore year of college I have had a strong curiosity and desire to become fluent in 3D Design Software. I remember sitting in a computer lab for lectures on graphic design, while simultaneously trying to listen to the class next door on Maya 3D. In 2009 I'm going to try and teach myself these programs, starting with the most basic (and free) program Google SketchUp. Pictured above is a "naïve doodle" I created last night without any idea what I was doing. My next step is to watch these tutorials, get comfortable with the theories of 3D rendering, and then move on to more robust programs such as Maya. I don't expect to be drafting blueprints for skyscrapers any time soon, but I hope by this time next year I have some sculptures, 3D animations, and furniture designs that are ready to exist in the real world.