6/27/2014

Mosaic Mandala Series : Utah Native Elements.

Mandala Mosaic Series : Utah Native Elements.

I'm currently out in Eden, Utah enjoying an artist residency with the good folks at SUMMIT on Powder Mountain. I will do a proper post in a couple weeks explaining the full process of this series and the explorations, in the studio and in the wilderness, that led me to the final results. Stay tuned for that. For now I share the first of a dozen mosaic mandalas created from 100% local elements I foraged on the mountain during day hikes. Mandalas ( 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 ) have been a reoccurring theme in my work all along. This series is a lot of fun as it overlaps many interests and discoveries and allows me to catch some rays, scope wildlife, and work with my hands. Kinda like painting with mother nature's paintbrush.

Mandala Mosaic Series : Utah Native Elements.

The key is to drink enough coffee to be focused, but not too much and get a shaky hand.

Mandala Mosaic Series : Utah Native Elements.

Just a few of the native elements on my palette for this series. Stay tuned for plenty more.