12/28/2013

2013 iPhone Photo Archive.

2013 iPhone Photo Archive.

Over 500 iPhone Snaps From The Great Year Of 2013. Adventures to : Milano, Detroit, Marseille, Crete, Boston, Nantes, Heidelberg, Miami, New York, San Francisco, Toulouse, Portland, Barcelona, Paris.

Until a few years ago I never really considered myself a photographer beyond documenting my own work. In 2008 I bought my first iPhone and for the first time in my life I had a camera with me 24/7. This was 2+ years before Instagram, well before our current visual landscape of real-time posting of phone pics from any-and-everyone on any-and-everything. Now, I can't think of too many folks who do not post daily phone pics. Back in 2009, after getting a rhythm going with snaps and considered collages of my adventures, along came Hipstamatic. I was not interested. I decided to continue hosting my photos on this blog instead shooting them through some cliche filters on a new social networking site. Then in 2010 Instagram came along. Again, I decided to pass. Why not own my content and host it myself in a more organized way, right? It wasn't until 2012 that I caved in and joined IG. And I'm glad I did. Now my photos reach a lot more folks and my story becomes part of this interesting global visual narrative. But I have continued to do things the old-school way as well, carefully editing and configuring mosaics of photos after every adventure. And I intend to continue this process regardless of the new apps and where the crowd may or may not migrate in the years to come. I like to imagine scrolling through my annual recaps in 50 years, all hosted on my website, each image carefully selected and arranged alongside others that create a bigger picture. Long live the phone pic.

iPHONE PHOTO ARCHIVES ... 2 0 1 32 0 1 22 0 1 12 0 1 02 0 0 9 ... Enjoy : )