10/08/2012

ナチュラルビューティーベーシック。



Back in the end of August I was in Tokyo working with Natural Beauty Basic on the set design for their Fall/Winter 2012 Television Campaign. It was a great crew to collaborate with and a real fun mural to paint. They constructed an entirely synthetic cylindrical urban environment in a massive studio hangar and I painted a 360° geo-spectrum flowing thru it. Above is the Behind The Scenes Clip. And below is a quick double pass around the Final Environment Video.


 
I literally hit the ground running upon arriving to Tokyo. We were on a super tight timeline and I proposed a freeform composition that would have maximum impact and only require half of the walls to be painted. And instead of mixing all of the colors, all around, I chose to blend the spectrum in a seasonal way. My favorite moments are when the mural jumps in front and falls behind of the architectural features. My other favorite moment was when I was finished painting and eating a bento box on the couch as 20+ crew members scrambled around to get their video shoots wrapped.

ナチュラルビューティーベーシック。

ナチュラルビューティーベーシック。

ナチュラルビューティーベーシック。
 
BIG Thanks to the good folks at PICS + Natural Beauty Basic + Everyone I had the pleasure of meeting in Tokyo. I had a great first visit to this city I've wanted to explore for my entire life. I'm looking forward to returning for more fun in the future. どうもありがとうございました。