2/24/2012

Friday Flashback : 2004 Wave Weaving.

Friday Flashback : 2004 Wave Weaving.
This week's highlight from the Archive Vault is this greyscale canvas painting from 2004. Last night I was flipping through photos of some oldies and came across This One. That got me thinking a lot about those formative years. My Walls were getting better and more unique/abstract, my Studio Work on canvas more refined, and around the same time I was starting to learn graphic design software... Vectorfunk was born. Since then I have cycled (pronounced : evolved) through a bunch of different styles/processes/disciplines but I've never felt like I ran out of steam. There is always more room to grow, and whenever my pace slows down I prefer to sidestep onto a more experimental path. So now when I am painting walls in this Organic Style ( One + Two + Three ) and folks say "Wow that's new and different!" I respond "Thanks but I see it as old and similar." C'est la vida loca. That's one of the great things about growing older, finding inspiration in your work from yesteryear and pushing ideas further than you knew was possible at the time.