1/19/2012

Friday Flashback : 2001 Way Way Back.

Friday Flashback : 2001 Way Way Back.
Earlier this week I was hanging with a group of longtime friends and we were sifting through shoe boxes of pre-digital-camera photos of walls and canvases. I went home and dug up my box of Funsaver (remember those) snaps. Very nostalgic. It feels like lifetimes ago. This one jumped out at me because I remember exactly when I painted it. The first Fall I was in Maine. Mostly using hardware store art supplies like sponge brushes, American spraypaint, penny and washer stencils, palette knives, and aggressive wet-paint carving with a screwdriver. Definitely a sloppy hot mess. Definitely heavily inspired by Kandinsky, Picasso, Basquiat. Definitely a fun painting process. Stay tuned in the coming months for more flash(way)backs. Click-Zoom.