10/19/2011

Shed Session : Phase 4.

Shed Session : Phase 4.
Had a blast painting this one! The fourth recoat of my friend Kris's shed in Massachusetts (See Past Years). For this one I went with the Freeform Flow Style I've been pushing ( 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 ) and set a strict palette of Black, White, and 2 Greys. Really pleased with how it turned out :) Click-Zoom.
Shed Session : Phase 4.
It was a true freestyle with no sketch until I was on site. On the drive down I thought a lot about how to push the 4 shades as far as they could go. I decided to split the mural on the corner line and have the left side outlined in black and the right side in white. It resulted in a nice op-art shift at the corner.
Shed Session : Phase 4.
Some process shots. Painting like this is the most fun. I really don't know how it will turn out until it's done and this keeps me engaged and curious the entire time. Can't wait to see it covered in snow this winter!